Monday, March 28, 2011

Painting the model

                                                              Tamara
                                                            6x6 oil 175.

I have been working on small panels, 6x6 inches in anticipation of an upcoming show at the Randy Higbee Gallery in CA. There was a limited number to submit and this was one I chose to keep out of that show. I have been painting this model, Tamara, for the last several weeks and have a few paintings
I will put on here including the one that got into that show. Usually I would work on one small like this one and a large one which I would finish up  after the session in my studio. It was interesting to work on it after she had left, just from memory and trying to just make a good painting rather than a total likeness of the model.

for information on purchasing this piece, email me at ksmbythesea@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks to all who leave a comment. Your input is appreciated!